This weekend, some of my very favorite people came into town. It was glorious. We ate, we drank, and we were most definitely merry.
Friday night, there was Aver's Pizza and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. Saturday morning, there were pancakes and bacon and later, Asian Noodle Salad. Then we all went to the Taste of Bloomington (my very favorite event in my city) and ate lots of delicious food and drank some beer. Then we came home and ate some more. This morning, there was Eggs Florentine Casserole and Cinnamon Rolls. I cooked until I dropped, and it was worth every floury, buttery, sugar-coated minute, because my very favorite people are the most kind, gracious eaters ever. Seriously.
Mostly, this weekend was a great time with friends... but also? It totally reaffirmed why I loved to cook.
The weekend also reaffirmed my love of food bloggers, whom I should really thank for my success this weekend. Without Annie's Eats I would never have discovered the cupcakes that made everyone groan with delight. And The Pioneer Woman - oh, The Pioneer Woman. Her recipes have never failed me, and the salad, which is by far one of my favorites, even garnered a marriage proposal.* I probably don't even have to tell you that the cinnamon rolls were a hit, because if you've ever had them you know they're AMAZING, but the egg casserole was an equal home run. Seriously, folks, this is good stuff. If you're entertaining at all this summer, give these recipes (and blogs) a look-see.
My only regret about this weekend was that we didn't take many pictures. It would have been lovely to share all of the amazing food we ate with you, but it was all gone so fast no one even thought about it. :-)
*It was from an equally straight female friend, but still - it was a marriage proposal!
You tease. I was like MARRIAGE PROPOSAL WHAT!?!?!
ReplyDeleteI am going to try making the Asian Noodle Salad soon! It was so good! You are an AMAZING cook!!
ReplyDeleteI have always loved your cooking; I think since you've been with Bryan you've taken it to the next level since you two both love to cook and really compliment each other in that way! Everything this weekend was SO amazing and you are a wonderful hostess!
ReplyDelete