Thursday, November 5, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different

Today I was in the car on the way home from work, and out of all the indie emo rock it contains, my iPod decided it would be a good time to play "Funny Honey" from Chicago. I thought this was sort of odd, considering that I hadn't heard that song in quite some time, and yet I remembered all the words and sang along in my off-key, sometimes warbly voice for the remainder of the drive home.

It was pretty fantastic.

Listening to this song filled me with a multitude of thoughts, which I will try to outline for you in a bullet point fashion.
  • Wow, I love this song!
  • I haven't seen this movie in awhile.
  • I should have a movie musical marathon!
  • Will Bryan put up with that?
  • [The next thought has been removed to protect the innocent.]
  • What other movies haven't I watched lately?
  • "Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash."
  • "That CAVIAR is a GARNISH!"
  • Must text Abby later and make sure that nothing bad happened.
  • Oops, red light.
  • I am going to watch Chicago this weekend.
And so, dear friends, I think I am going to watch Chicago, When Harry Met Sally and You've Got Mail this weekend because when I can't have gallons of comfort food, I choose gallons of comfort movies.

Oh, and maybe a little Twilight with Rifftrax accompaniment, just to cut the cheesefest a bit.

What are your "comfort food" movies?

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the iPod gives out great gifts : )

    I always laugh when I'm on my way to work (I'm a teacher) and Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" comes on : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. "High Fidelity"
    "Clueless"
    "Ratatouille"

    Aka, the short list of movies I'm pretty sure I know every line of and will never get sick of ever, ever, ever. :)

    I don't think any of these, however, are a good substitute for a vat of mac n cheese or a chocolate cupcake as big as my head. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pecan piiiiie
    THE ROOFTOP KILLER!

    And no, nothing bad happened. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KLo, that would be funny!

    Lindsay, I should have added Ratatouille to the list... I haven't seen that movie in awhile and I do adore it so. "Some saffron would MAKE this!"

    Abby, "Remember when you thought Frank might be the Unibomber?"

    ReplyDelete