
Alright, so... I forgot to take a picture of my Peppermint Mocha, but suffice it to say it was quite a bit smaller than this one and not covered in delicious whipped cream and cocoa bits. SO SAD.
I'm tired, and I was unexpectedly social tonight, so this is going to be somewhat short and sweet.
I absolutely adore Starbucks Peppermint Mochas. ADORE THEM. I also love that the holidays have started to include things like holiday-flavored beverages and foods, even though most of them are off limits now that I'm on Weight Watchers. Bummer. It's fun finding swaps for things, but it's even more fun when you behave yourself and manage to eat/drink the real thing.
My friend Jessica called and asked if I wanted to get coffee with her tonight, and I couldn't turn THAT down, and I had such a good Weight Watchers day that I could have a guilt-free Peppermint Mocha while we were there. I am happy to report that as a result of my Good Weight Watchers Day, my mocha was worth every single Point (4) and that I don't feel the least bit guilty about it. It's a good feeling.
What's your favorite holiday food/drink item? Just be forewarned that if you say it's The Cheesecake Factory's Pumpkin Cheesecake and you just had some tonight, I might have to punch you. It's nothing personal, I promise... :-)
The one thing I do feel guilty about is possibly forgetting to request decaf and ingesting two shots of espresso after 7 PM, but I have a Kindle full of trashy romance novels and a DVR full of TV to keep me company.
I am with you! I always get the Peppermint Mochas with nonfat milk and no whip, so it's really not such a huge splurge.
ReplyDeleteAwwwww, it makes me miss our Starbucks trips.... I might have to get a peppermint hot chocolate and drink it in your honor. :)
ReplyDeleteErin, I really didn't miss all the extras! Really, the whipped cream is just a mechanism for keeping me away from the caffiene.
ReplyDeleteAbby, aww, me too. You should do that, if only because they are delicious. :-)