Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Well... We Caved.


I went a little off the reservation for this meal and friends, it was worth every single bite.

My cupcakes went over pretty well at the Thanksgiving Pitch-In today, although there were roughly six pumpkin pies in attendance and those seemed to be the more popular dessert choice. No matter, as I brought the rest home, and Bryan and I will be enjoying them for dessert for the next few nights. At 3 Points a pop, I think can afford to indulge.

Speaking of indulgence... the 3.5 weeks that I haven't eaten out at a restaurant finally caught up to me and tonight I basically demanded that we eat food at a restaurant. We started out genuinely trying to think of a place that served something healthy, then resigned ourselves to the fact that doing so would probably result in us eating something we weren't really wild about. Ultimately we decided to spend our calories on the good stuff, and so we went to Sweetgrass.

I totally splurged and got their fancied up shrimp and grits, and it was just as delicious as I remembered the last time. Yum yum yum. I'm so glad I splurged because it was worth every single delicious bite. Last time, however, we splurged and got an appetizer... and dinner... and drinks... and coffee... and a dessert to share. That's my favorite way to do a restaurant meal, but when you're going out on a weekday and watching calories, you've just got to cut back! I'm glad we did because when I got up from the table I was satisfied but not disgustingly full.

After dinner we ran some errands and I'm still happy to report that my feet are the only part of me that regrets any of the evening. I wore my cute heeled knee-boots which were not, in Nancy's words, "made for walkin'," and well... my dogs are barkin'.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

3 comments:

  1. Meghan,

    Shrimp and grits?

    That doesn't sound tasty at all.

    Sweet Things,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I also thing shrimp and grits sounds disgusting in it's traditional form, but I have to tell you that this particular shrimp and grits is rather delicious. I suspect it's because the grits are not like fine oatmeal, but rather a fried-up grit cake that tastes like a little bit of awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "thing" shrimp and grits? Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete