Lately I feel like I've been making some controversial confessions, like about how I just want it to be cold already, and that I like Rachael Ray and such... but what I'm about to tell you probably isn't all that controversial or confessional.
I hate Sundays.
I really do. For me, Sunday is the anti-Friday. Sunday night from about 5 PM until bedtime is probably the worst 5ish hours of the entire weekend, because I usually spend them a) not wanting to do anything at all, 2) lamenting the fact that also I did nothing all weekend, and d) thinking of all the things I would do to make up for it if I had Mondays off. It's torture. Mondays are pretty bad, but at least by the time I've woken up on Monday morning I've resigned myself to the fact that it's time to go to work, things haven't gotten done, and nothing I do is going to change that.
Today has been a little different, though. Today I was up bright and early and after a nice breakfast and some snuggle/computer time, Bryan and I basically went our separate ways to get our various household chores finished. I cleaned the bathroom and wiped down mirrors throughout the house, then started on laundry and just generally organized and picked up things. Bryan worked on finishing the jamb and trims on our windows so that we can put up the new shades tonight or tomorrow. I put together dinner (which is all ready to go when we're ready to eat) and worked on some Christmas afghans, and now we're relaxing before dinner. It's nice.
I'm still kind of dreading the end of the day, but after getting a TON of laundry done and cleaning and just generally getting things TOGETHER around here, I feel slightly less annoyed about this whole Sunday thing. I'm sure I could come up with my usual list of things to do, but for right now I think I'll have a glass of wine and just chill out about it. :-)
What do you all do to get organized before the start of your week? Any tips to pass along?
I hate Sundays, too. I usually go grocery shopping on Sunday mornings, though, because the store is not as crowded. So that made me feel somewhat productive.
ReplyDelete