
This is what I ate today instead of a fast food cheeseburger and fries. Given the circumstances of today, I think I deserve a Weight Watchers medal. Seriously.
I get migraines; I think a lot of women do. I've been having them for a few years now, and I think I may have finally figured out what triggers them. To put it as delicately as I can, these migraines probably won't go away until something else I experience monthly does. Ahem.
Yesterday I was hit with a pretty bad one, but I got lucky and was able to chase it away for awhile. I made it through the work day and the evening, but right around the time I was enjoying my nightly dessert I got slammed with another attack - literally, I was standing by the sink, running the ice cream scoop under hot water and I started feeling this horrible stabbing pain at the back of my head. NOT FUN. I ate my ice cream, took some meds, passed out, and woke up this morning with some neck and back pain, but little to no headache symptoms.
I don't know if work is a trigger for me, or if I'm just cursed, but I was there about half an hour this morning when it came back. I tried to wait it out, but gave in and took meds a little while later. After two hours they hadn't kicked in, and the neck pain was starting to make me feel nauseous. My boss is very kind, because she let me leave early, and so I came home.
When I feel crappy, all I want to do is eat bad food, and today a cheeseburger literally sounded like THE BEST MEAL ON EARTH. Actually, it is one of the best meals on earth, but right now I don't trust food at restaurants (too high in Points) so going out was not an option. I came home and powered through my headache pain and made the meal shown at the top of this post, which was a Boca Cheeseburger patty on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with mustard, ketchup, pickles, lettuce and onion, and a hash brown patty with ketchup on the side. I got to eat all of that for fewer Points than a McDonald's cheeseburger, and I was actually pretty satisfied.
Now, if we can just knock that crunchy-salty-chocolate craving out, I'll be good to go. Can someone send me some calorie-free chocolate? That's be great, thanks.
Whenever I have a migraine, all I want is JUNK food afterward, so much of it.
ReplyDelete*sigh* Migraine + Periods = I want to bury myself in a pile of chocolate, french fries, and ice cream. Probably not altogether at once, though.
ReplyDeleteI have migraines that are triggered by that exact same monthly event. Thanks, evolution!
ReplyDelete